· Grade-level instruction, aligned to the New Jersey Core Content Standards;
· Small group instruction with a low student-staff ratio;
· Cooperative learning;
· Project-based learning opportunities;
· Computers and Smart Board technology in every classroom;
· Community service activities;
· Honor Roll and Student-of-the-Month programs;
· Individualized learning plans for gifted as well as remedial learning needs;
· Study skills and organizational strategies;
· Preparation for Statewide Assessments;· Homework, organization and attendance plans; and· Homework support sessions.
Clinical interventions include:
· Positive Behavior Support, following the “Cooperative Discipline Model”, which influences students to make constructive choices regarding behavior and allows students to feel capable, connect socially, and contribute to the school community;
· Outreach and collaboration with community based mental health providers.